K2441-5: How does the Buddha lead? Questions, challenges, and inspirations for everyone, who wants to make a difference in the world09.10.2024 - 13.10.2024
This retreat invites us to expand our understanding of conscious leadership.
The historical Buddha was an inspiring, fearless, and compassionate leader. He built a sangha which is still planting wholesome seeds in our society 2500 years later. Exploring the Buddha’s teachings – the dharma – may give us inspiration and direction for our lives as leaders as well as followers.
You don’t have to be a CEO or the chair of a big organisation to be a leader. We are all leaders in certain areas of our life. We may be involved in the leadership of a bigger, smaller, or very small company. We may take responsibility in other organisations, like charities, schools, clubs, or sangha. There are many realms of leadership, like leading people, teams, projects, workshops, opinions, and most important – leading ourselves.
Leadership is about vision, values, direction, decisions and much more. It becomes a topic whenever we want to make a difference in the world and try to get something going.
During our shared time we will explore many aspects of leadership and will share our experiences, joys, and challenges in the field with an open mind:
• What can we learn from the historic Buddha and his ancestors about wholesome leadership?
• How do mindfulness, compassion, and loving kindness change our way of leading?
• Which other mind skills do we need to develop, and how can we train them?
• What is our motivation or resistance to lead or not to lead?
• Which challenges do we face as leaders?
• How can we handle difficult emotions and deal with loneliness, pressure, conflicts, and ambiguity?
• How do the teachings of interbeing enrich our way of thinking and acting as leaders?
• What is true success (for us)? How does a happy leader look like?
• How do we relate to “suffering” in people of our organisation?
• How do ethical commitments help us on our path? And how do we keep them alive?
• Which Dharma doors have been helpful for us as leaders? How can we support each other in our spiritual growth?
The retreat is open to everyone who is taking active responsibility for our world – starting with oneself. Together we will explore our experiences and challenges in the broad field of leadership (and followership) in an atmosphere of togetherness.
Members of the Network for Mindful Business will share their rich experiences in the field.
Before booking the course, please kindly read thoroughly the registration procedures, policies and prices at the following link:
Dr. Kai Romhardt
Studium der Wirtschaftswissenschaften in St. Gallen und Genf, arbeitet als Coach, Unternehmensberater, Lehrbeauftragter, Meditationslehrer und Autor. Er lebte zwei Jahre in Plum Village, wurde dort Mitglied des Intersein-Ordens und ist Initiator des Netzwerks „Achtsame Wirtschaft“ (www.achtsame-wirtschaft.de). Sein neuestes Buch: „Wir sind die Wirtschaft: Achtsam Leben – Sinnvoll H...